Crossfit is a training methodology that focuses on constantly varied functional exercises at high intensity. One of the key elements of CrossFit are movements that require skill work and focused practice.
Double Unders are one of the basic CrossFit skills that newcomers work to master. In basic terms, this is jumping rope with the rope passing under your feet twice for each jump.
This is a challenging movement for many and takes quite a bit of work to master. The skill of learning Double Unders can be simplified by using a quality Jump Rope.
Below are my recommendations on the Best Crossfit Jump Rope for athletes of any skill level.
What is the Best Crossfit Jump Rope?
Below are my recommendations of brands to purchase for the Best Crossfit Jump Rope.
Rather than ranking the jump ropes in order of best, I am going to make different recommendations dependent on the type of athlete you are.
All of these jump ropes are top quality and will at a minimum meet the expectations of any Affiliate in the world.
- Best for Most Athletes: Rogue SR-2 Speed Rope
- Best for Experienced Athletes: RPM Training Session4
- Best for Beginners: Rx Smart Gear – The Original Rx
- Best for the Price: WOD Nation Attack Speed Jump Rope
- Best Exclusive: Rogue RPM Speed Rope 4.0
Rogue is widely known in the fitness and CrossFit space as the leader in quality products. Their products are made in the USA and the quality is exceptional.
The Rogue SR-2 is my recommendation as Best Crossfit Jump Rope for MOST athletes.
This rope will be good for both beginners and experienced athletes and comes at a mid-level price point on this list. We have other recommendations for super advanced athletes or complete beginners, but the Rogue SR-2 is best overall for most athletes.
- Material Type: Clear Coated Cable
- Handle Length: 6.75”
- Cable Length: Customizable based on height
- Aircraft Grade Aluminum Handles
Rogue is the flagship brand in the CrossFit space and the quality of their products is unmatched.
The Rogue SR-2 is my recommendation for Best CrossFit Jump Rope for MOST Athletes due to the mid-level price point and the backing of the best brand in the business.
If you are a super experienced CrossFit athlete looking to take your Double Unders to the next level, I would recommend reading on.
Based on my experience, the RPM Session4 is the most recommended jump rope on the market for CrossFit from experienced athletes.
Coming in at the highest price point on this list, the RPM jump rope is used by athletes in affiliates throughout the world and also serious athletes competing in the CrossFit Games.
Launched in 2012, RPM was developed specifically for athletes looking to master Double Unders. Over a decade later, the brand is still viewed as one of the best in the space.
The RPM Session4 is my recommendation for Best CrossFit Jump Rope for Experienced Athletes.
- Material Type:Clear Coated Cable
- Cable Length: 12′ adjustable
- Dual bearing system for a smoother, freer spin
- Aluminum Handles w/ 5 year warranty
- Knurled Handles
- Add Custom Engraving for $20
If you take a poll of experiences CrossFit athletes, the majority of them are likely to recommend a RPM Jump Rope for those that are trying to perfect their double unders.
Offering an adjustable clear coated cable and aluminum handles with year warranty, the RPM Session4 is a top of the line jump rope and the most expensive option on this list.
I believe that this rope is perfect for experiences athletes trying to take their double unders to the next level, which is why I call the RPM Session4 the Best Crossfit Jump Rope for Experiences Athletes.
When researching recommendations for the best CrossFit Jump Rope, Rx Smart Gear is a brand that is recommended quite often.
The Rx Smart Gear Original Rx is sold at custom cable lengths so it is the correct fit for your height. Additionally, multiple cable weights are offered from Beginner to Advanced Plus +.
I’m particularly a fan of the handles which are much more substantial than the typical pencil shaped handles from other companies.
The entry level Original Rx is a great jump rope for beginners, in fact I recommend it as the Best Crossfit Jump Rope for Beginners.
- Cable Length: 10’ adjustable
- Customizable Cable Weight
- Each handle is hand wrapped with the most absorbent tape grip in the world
- Offered in four cable weight variations, making this suitable for beginners but also more advanced athletes.
Rx Smart Gear is the only Jump Rope on this list that custom makes the rope for you based on your height. Additionally, it is the only rope on the list with multiple cable weight options dependent on your experience.
While these custom options are great for beginners, one downside is that you can quickly outgrow the cable weight and the custom cable length makes it a challenge to share with workout partners who are not the same height.
For a first time CrossFitter trying to learn double unders, I do think that the Rx Smart Gear Original Rx is the Best Crossfit Jump Rope for Beginners, just know you may need to upgrade at one point.
WOD Nation is a CrossFit dedicated Amazon store who offers many different products at affordable pricing. This allows you to take advantage of the Amazon Prime network with Free 2 Day shipping.
The Attack Speed Jump rope is by far the cheapest option on this list, coming in under $20 bucks. In fact, you could buy 2 of these ropes for cheaper than any other rope on this list.
While the price is great, you ultimately get what you pay for and this rope will not have the same offerings as Rogue, Rx Smart Gear, and RPM.
For those on a budget or if you are not sold on CrossFit being your training of choice, the WOD Nation Attack Speed Rope is the Best CrossFit Jump Rope for the Price.
- Ropes are completely customizable based on length and come with a tool to adjust on the fly
- No Slip Handles
- Liquid steel bearings that are promised to hold up for years to come
The WOD Nation Attack Speed Jump Rope is offered for a very cheap price with free shipping on Amazon.
The best part about this rope is that it is built fully customizable in length and you can adjust on the fly. For the money, it is a quality jump rope and I am calling this the Best CrossFit Jump Rope for the Price.
With anything however, you get what you pay for. If you are going to take CrossFit and Double Unders seriously, it may make sense to invest a little bit more money and buy another option on this list.
The Speed Rope 4.0 is a Rogue + RPM exclusive, combining the OG CrossFit RPM brand with the most recognizable equipment brand in the industry in Rogue.
This rope comes in at the highest price point on the list at $65, matching the price of the RPM Session4.
The Speed Rope 4.0 offers many similar attributes to the SR-2.0 and the RPM Session4, so this is just an exclusive offering for those that want a great rope with the Rogue branding.
This is why I am calling the Rogue Speed Rope 4.0 the Best CrossFit Jump Rope Exclusive.
- Material Type:Clear Coated Cable
- Handle Length: 5.75”
- Handle Mechanism: Bearing
- 3 Color Options
- Cable Length: 12′ adjustable
Rogue and RPM are two of the best names in the game, so you can’t go wrong with the Speed Rope 4.0.
The price on this rope is on the high end, coming in at $65 bucks. The features (bearing, 12′ adjustable, etc) are in line with the other options on this list.
Summary: The Best CrossFit Jump Rope of 2023 to Master Double Unders
- The Double Under is a CrossFit skill movement that takes practice to master. The quality of the jump rope can help expedite learning. The quicker you can learn the skill, the quicker you will recover.
- The overall Best CrossFit Jump Rope for MOST people is the Rogue SR-2 Speed Rope
- For those looking to get a specialized rope for their skill level, I would look into..
- I would recommend beginners looking at the Rx Smart Gear – The Original Rx
- For more experienced CrossFitters who are looking at taking their Double Under game to the next level, I would recommend the RPM Training Session4.