The Kettlebell is one of the most versatile pieces of workout equipment and a must have for every home gym.
When searching for the right kettlebell to buy, the hardest part is deciding the correct size to buy and also the right brand.
The 35lb kettlebell is an extremely versatile piece of equipment and is the best starting kettlebell size for most men.
When searching for a 35lb Kettlebell, it is important to understand that many kettbell brands use kilograms as the weight measurement. In this case, the 16kg Kettlbell is equivalent to a 35lb kettlebell.
Below are the top options I have come across for the best 35lb Kettlebell of 2022.
What is the Best 35lb Kettlebell?
Below are my recommendations of brands to purchase for the 35lb kettlebell, in order.
Given the simplicity of the kettlebell, most options on the market are very similar and I believe most people can get by with a middle tier product.
Because of this, my recommendations are evenly taking into account both brand and price.
Simply put, Onnit is one of the most recognizable names in the kettlebell space for good reason. Their product quality is top notch and the kettlebell has been one of their flagship products for years.
The Onnit 35lb Kettlebell is one of the cheapest options on our list coming in at $59.95 which makes it a no brainer as the best kettlebell option on our list.
Onnit charges shipping for Kettlebells. Based on my address in Tennessee, this is an additional $13 for shipping which would bring the total to $72.95 for the kettlebell.
- Onnit’s gravity cast process is used in manufacturing which creates an extremely durable kettlebell that has a smooth finish.
- The kettlebell is finished with a chip resistant powder which increases the overall lifespan.
- Onnit Kettlebells are color coded by weight, so if you buy multiple sizes you can easily distinguish the different weights.
Based on brand quality as well as total cost including shipping, Onnit is the best 35lb kettlebell option for someone who wants a quality kettlebell that will last.
While there are cheaper options, the lifespan of the Onnit Kettlebell should rival any other option on this list which makes Onnit the top choice.
Rep Fitness produces a high quality Kettlebell in weights starting at 8kg (17.6lbs) and scaling up to 28kg (61.7lbs). This weight range should be sufficient for the vast majority of people.
Rep Fitness offers free shipping on the 35lb Kettlebell, so the total cost prior to tax would be $69.99.
- Taking a page out of the Onnit playbook, Rep Fitness also uses a gravity die casting to create a durable kettlebell with a smooth finish.
- Rep Fitness clearly marks each kettlebell with the KG and LB weight separated which is unique compared to other options on this list.
- Each kettlebell is also color coded by weight as we also see with Onnit, Rogue, and Fringe Sport.
Rep Fitness offers a quality 35lb Kettlebell that is created with the gravity die process which will offer a durable product with a smooth finish.
Free shipping on the Rep Fitness website also makes this an intriguing way to add kettlebells to your home gym.
The only downside with Rep Fitness is the weight is capped out at ~62lbs and larger weights are not offered. For the vast majority of people this should not be an issue. For those looking for heavier than 62lbs, check out Rogue or Fringe Sport.
Anyone who has read my reviews before knows that I am a huge proponent of everything that Rogue does. Their product quality is unmatched in the fitness space based off of my research.
In my opinion, the premier name brand is not ALWAYS needed and I do think kettlebells are a piece of equipment in which the majority of people can go with a more economical option.
With that said, Rogue Kettlebells are a top notch piece of equipment and these will certainly get plenty of use in your home gym.
Rogue charges shipping for Kettlebells. Based on my address in Tennessee, this is an additional $18 for shipping which would bring the total to $88 for the kettlebell.
- Rogue offers the highest variety of weights out of any company on this list, ranging from 9lbs to 203lbs.
- As you can expect from any Rogue product, these kettlebells are insanely well built. Their kettlebells have a Matte black powdercoat finish with color coded handles which helps distinguish weight.
- Rogue takes pride in highlighting that the metal used to make their kettlebells are from first run iron ore versus scrap metal used by other customers.
Rogue is the premier name brand in the fitness industry and their 35lb Kettlebell lives up to their standard.
Rogue Kettlebells are the top option for a person looking for the highest quality products for their home gym. Additionally, anyone looking for a “premium” home gym should start with Rogue.
Fringe Sport is based out of Austin, Texas and brands themselves as the “official supplier to the garage gym functional fitness movement”.
Kettlebells from Fringe Sport are top notch quality and there is a wide variety of weight options varying from 9lbs to 106lbs.
Fringe Sport offers free shipping, so the total cost of the 35lb Kettlebell is $93.
- Fringe Sport kettlebells have a a black matte, powder coat finish.
- The Kettlebells come in varying weights from 4kg (8.8lbs) to 40kg (88.2lbs), so Fringe Sport offers excellent variety.
- All Fringe Sport kettlebells are color coded for easy visual identification of the weight
- Each kettlebell is also produced with emphasis on a flat machined base, eliminating any risk of wobbling while placed on the ground which also makes for easy storage.
Fringe Sport makes top notch products and their kettlebells come with a matte powder coat finish and are color coded by weight.
Given the wide variety of functional fitness products sold by Fringe Sport and their free shipping offer, this 35lb Kettlebell makes sense for someone trying to order a wide variety of garage gym products at once.
Capitalizing on the functional fitness trend, Amazon began selling private label kettlebells in 2018.
The biggest draw to the Amazon Basics 35lb kettlebell is the ability to have it delivered to your door with free Prime Shipping assuming you are an Amazon Prime member.
This kettlebell has no frills and is made of solid cast iron (no coating like the other kettlebells on this list).
Given the size of Amazon as a company and their ability to produce with razor thin margins, this kettlebell is by far the cheapest option on the list making it a good option for someone shopping on a budget.
- Solid cast iron with a painted finish. This does NOT have the matte black powdercoat finish like the other kettlebells on this list and is much more rugged.
- Pricing is the biggest draw to this kettlebell, as it is insanely cheap at $42.90 with free shipping (assuming you are a Prime member).
- Amazon offers the same kettlebell in various weights ranging from 10lbs to 60lbs.
The Amazon Basics 35lb Kettlebell is by far the most economical option on this list and is insanely low priced.
This kettlebell is bare bones, basically a piece of cast iron metal shaped into a kettlebell. None of the other features highlighted on the other 4 brands will be available on the Amazon Basics 35lb kettlebell.
Bottom line, if you are on a budget and want to get by far the cheapest option available, this is a good kettlebell to buy. You can still get a great workout with it and it will last long enough to make the value worthwhile.
What Is the 35lb Kettlebell?
- A Kettlebell is a cast iron/steel ball that has a circular handle attached to it. It is basically a cannonball with a handle and is used in the functional fitness community.
- A 35lb kettlebell is a great starting point for most men and a great second piece of equipment for women. This weight is extremely versatile and can offer physical challenge through both strength and endurance movements.
- The kettlebell can be used for exercises exclusively for kettlebells (ex: Kettlebell Swing) or for a broad range of exercises that would be used with dumbbells (Shoulder press).
- The Kettlebell is one of the foundational pieces of equipment when setting up a home gym. The 35lb kettlebell is the best starting point for most men.
- The Onnit 35lb kettlebell is the recommended brand to purchase given the combination of fair pricing and excellent quality.
- Outside of Onnit, both Rogue & Fringe Sport offer high quality kettlebells at a premium price and offer a wider variety of weight options. The Amazon Basics 35lb Kettlebell is a budget option and sufficient for someone looking for a bare bones kettlebell at a lower quality.